Easy Printer Integration and Management
Innovative, Best-in-Class Retransfer Card Printer
With best-in-class, productivity-boosting, full-throttle throughput, produce vivid color plastic cards on demand fast-thanks to Zebra's highly advanced ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer and its patent-pending image transfer process. Yet even at unparalleled print speeds, the printer achieves superior, photo-like image quality that boasts rich, consistent colors and strikingly sharp resolution.
The ZXP Series 8 includes ZMotif™ XML-based software for easy integration with enterprise applications. A modular design gives you the flexibility to add a variety of encoding options as needed. And the printer's high reliability minimizes maintenance needs and total cost of ownership.
- ID and access control cards
- Government-issued driver's licenses
- National ID and voter registration cards
- Instant issuance of financial cards
- Personalized gift, membership and loyalty cards
- Smart cards in travel, gaming and entertainment
Genuine Zebra™ Supplies
Genuine Zebra supplies meet stringent quality standards and are recommended for optimal printing quality and proper printer performance. The ZXP Series 8 printer is designed to work only with Zebra True Colours® i Series™ ribbons, Zebra True Colours™ i Series transfer film and Zebra True Secure™ i Series laminates.
ZXP Series 8
- Best-in-class throughput for printing, encoding and laminating-due in part to the patent-pending simultaneous 2-sided retransfer process plus efficient landscape print mode-increases your operational efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Based on Zebra's image-processing technology, photo-quality color and resolution are obtained to meet your quality and brand specifications.
- Designed inside and out to be reliable and durable-reducing repair costs and downtime.
- ZMotif XML-based drivers and SDK makes the printer enterprise-ready with driver and management utility tools for easy setup and faster deployment-saving IT time and costs.
- Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers ensure application compatibility, ease of use, and investment protection in existing software infrastructures.
- USB and Ethernet connectivity interfaces are standard for easy integration into local or networked systems.
Modular Design With Order-Now or Add-Later Options
- Magnetic stripe encoder
- Smart card contact and contactless encoders
- Laminator module option for single- or dual-sided lamination
- Transfer film easily shows tamper evidence for built-in fraud protection
- Lockable enclosure and card feeder option prevents unauthorized use
- Kensington® lock slot to secure printer to work environment
Genuine Zebra Supplies
- Zebra True Colours i Series intelligent ribbon and transfer film automatically calibrate printer-increasing productivity, reducing downtime, and minimizing training.
- Zebra's True Secure i Series laminates create highly secure ID cards, and the patented linerless laminate is waste-free and lowers the cost per card.
- Choose Zebra for quality plastic cards in a variety of types and materials.
- For high-quality output, rely on Zebra ribbons, transfer film and laminate consumables.
- Use Zebra custom design services to create a unique laminate hologram for enhanced security.
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 printer is based on new leading-edge software technology that enables high-performance printing and meets demanding enterprise needs for application integration and management.
ZMotif, Zebra's new XML standards-based printer and job control software platform, delivers the benefits of card printing transparently via Windows® certified drivers, along with an advanced Software Development Kit (SDK) and development tools for application integration and printer management.
The new ZXP toolbox application provides a complete management console for advanced printer and driver configuration and management. Features such as user role-based driver password protection, configuration save and restore capability, print logging, and a library suite of test cards, ensure that setup and management of ZXP Series 8 printers are a snap-whether by a single user or via advanced multiple printer configurations management.
About Retransfer Printing Technology
Unlike traditional direct-to-card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
About Retransfer Printing Technology Zebra's
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers leave a white border at the edges of
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Direct-to-card printers require a dye-receiving surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident
Advantages of Zebra's Innovative Retransfer Card Printer
Zebra's ZXP Series 8 printer achieves the fastest print speed while maintaining top image quality, making it the best-in-class retransfer printer available on the market.
- Zebra achieves print speeds that far exceed any other retransfer printer, and that are comparable to many of the fastest direct-to-card printers on the market today.
- Zebra's image-processing technology compensates for image errors normally caused by high printing speeds-enabling photo-quality images and print resolution even at increased print speeds.
- Zebra's patent-pending simultaneous dual-sided image transfer process applies film to both sides of the card in a single pass, drastically reducing the print time.
The result is photo-like image quality and best-in-class throughput for mainstream printing, encoding and laminating-so you enjoy increased operational efficiency.
Specifications at a Glance*
- Dye sublimation retransfer
- Full color or monochrome retransfer printing
- Single- and dual-sided printing
- Max print speed single-side 190 cph*
- Max print speed dual-sided 180 cph*
- Photo quality image
- Over-the-edge printing on standard CR80 media* Print speed based on click to drop, average print coverage, with USB connectivity, card per hour (cph).
- USB and Ethernet connectivity
- Single-card feed capability
- 150 card capacity feeder (30 mil)
- 15 card reject hopper (30 mil)
- 100 card output hopper (30 mil)
- i Series™ intelligent media technology
- Auto-calibration of media
- 21-character, 6 line LCD operator display
- 304 dpi (12.0 dots/mm) print resolution
- 64 MB memory standard
- Lifetime warranty on printhead
- 2-year limited warranty on printer
- Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers
- Kensington physical lock capable
Options and Accessories
- Laminator-single-sided and dual-sided
- Lockable enclosure/card feeder
- ZebraCare™ warranty programs
- 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- Card input hopper (150 cards 30 mil)
Encoding Options & Specifications
- Smart card contact station-ISO 7816
- Magnetic stripe encoder-ISO 7811 and JIS-II* (high and low coercivity)
- Combined MIFARE® ISO 14443 (13.56 MHz) and ISO 7816 contact encoder
- EMV level 1 certified
- UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder**
- FeliCa contactless encoder**
- Encoding over Ethernet-requires ZBR-PS300
Ethernet-to-USB Device Server
**Available in future release.
- Single-or dual-sided lamination option (with dual-sided printer only)
- 180 cards per hour dual-sided printing and dual-sided lamination
- GSA FIPS 201 approved (dual-sided lamination)
- Uses Zebra True Secure i Series laminates only
- Laminate for the top and bottom sold separately
- Custom-coded laminates available
- Zebra i Series intelligent technology uses RFID tags to authenticate and automate color ribbons, transfer film and laminate
- Media Starter Kit—1 YMCK ribbon, 1 roll of transfer film, 200 PVC cards, 2 cleaning rollers (kit not sold separately)
- Cleaning supplies
- True Colours i Series
- YMCK 4 panel: 625 images/roll
- YMCKK 5 panel: 500 images/roll
- YMCUvK 5 panel: 500 images/roll
- YMCKI 5 panel: 500 images/roll
- YMCKKI 6 panel: 415 images/roll
- YMC 3 panel: 800 images/roll
- Monochome black: 2500 images/roll
- True Secure i Series Laminate
- Linerless & waste-free 1.0 mil top and bottom laminate: 625 images/roll
- Laminate types: clear top, clear bottom, magnetic stripe, signature, smart card, and holographic wallpaper designs
- Custom laminates available with holographic images
- Custom coded laminates available
- Card thickness: 30 – 40 mil
- Card size: ISO 7810 format, Type ID-1, CR-80 size
- Card material: PVC and composite, ABS cards, PET, PET-G, and Teslin® composite***
- Specialty cards: transparent (IR-blocked) or translucent card 30 mil (clear and colored)***
- Technology cards: contact and contactless smart cards, UHF cards***
- USB V2.0
- 10/100 Ethernet (encoding over Ethernet requires ZBR PS-300 Ethernet-to-USB Device Server)
- Single-phase AC power
- 100V~240V AC and 50-60 HZ
- Height (w/card hoppers): 13.2"/334 mm
- Width (w/card hoppers): 18.75"/476 mm
- Width (w/card hoppers, w/laminator): 30.75"/781 mm
- Depth: 20.4"/519 mm
- Weight (printer only): 27.5 lbs/12.5 kg
- Weight (printer, laminator): 44 lbs/20 kg
- Operating Temperature: 59º F/15º C to 95º F/35º C
- Storage Temperature: 23º F/-5º C to 131º F/55º C
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% inclusive, non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% inclusive, non-condensing
- Shipping Temperature: -40º F/-40º C to 140º F/60º C
- Shipping Humidity: 10% to 90% inclusive, non-condensing
- Media should not be above 140º F/60º C for longer than 200 hours, and above 90% relative humidity at 104º F/40º C for longer than 100 hours
For further information call us on 040-65248220 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org